An introduction takes an overview of Cenozoic carbonate systems, controls on reservoir quality, seismic imaging of carbonate buildups vs. volcanics, the risks of subsurface CO2, and an overview of reservoir performance and reserves. The geology is divided into geographical sections, each of which comprises a synthesis of:
- Petroleum systems.
- Exploration history and future potential.
- Focus on carbonate reservoirs, their depositional setting, controls on reservoir quality and production history.
- Synthesis of public domain data.
- ArcGIS project of geo-referenced maps and point data.
- Kalimantan and Sulawesi
- Vietnam, S China Sea, offshore Sarawak, Natuna, and Philippines
- W Papua and Papua New Guinea