This report is for:
- Exploration geologists and geophysicists, who require insights into the petroleum systems of Albania, Croatia, Montenegro, and Western Greece using local case histories and Italian analogues.
- Exploration and production geologists looking to assess the reservoir quality of carbonate reservoirs.
The area includes Italy, Greece, Albania, Croatia and Montenegro. Both subsurface case histories and outcrop analogues are presented. The report discusses:
- How concepts from carbonate plays in Italy can be applied to under-explored areas to the eastern Adriatic.
- The potential for dual and triple porosity carbonate systems such as fractured and karst reservoirs in contrasting geological settings.
- Stratigraphic columns from key exploration wells and basins.
- Source rock geochemistry and geothermal gradients from selected wells and basins.
- Application of worldwide analogues of key carbonate reservoirs including base of slope fan breccias, fractured and karst reservoirs.
- Microfacies Atlas illustrating the depositional environments, diagenesis related to carbonate reservoir quality and source potential: subsurface and outcrop examples.
The reports are supported by an ArcGIS project with geo-referenced figures and maps.