ZECHSTEIN WORKSHOP AND VIRTUAL FIELDTRIP
Cambridge Carbonates have extensive experience working the Zechstein carbonates in the Southern and Northern Permian Basins of Europe. We offer clients a 2 day virtual, or in-person, workshop, which is supported by a virtual field trip to outcrops of the Zechstein of NE England. The aims of the workshop are to:
- Provide an overview of the complexities and approaches to working in mixed carbonate-evaporite successions
- Zechstein stratigraphy, sedimentology, and depositional environments.
- Range of facies observed within a basin margin and isolated carbonate platform depositional context.
- Impact of diagenesis, brecciation, fracture systems, and secondary porosity.
- Key analogue fields, in particular from the Southern Permian Basin
- The use of virtual outcrops to support subsurface work.
We have collaborated with VOG, SafariDB and University of Aberdeen to provide a virtual fieldtrip of the NE England coastal outcrops. These remarkable outcrops demonstrate the Zechstein facies and later spectacular diagnesis which has substantially altered these reservoir facies.